Leica today introduces a new camera, completely dedicated to rangefinder photography.
The rangefinder has a complete new design, it has a new sensor and the usability was re-engineered. The camera top has now a dedicated ISO dial, thus all relevant parameters are directly visible and accessible.
The Leica M10 will be available as of now in black and silver chrome, the recommended price is 6,500 €.
The Leica M10 at a glance
- 24MP CMOS Sensor
- Improvement in high ISO and dynamic range
- ISO 100 – 50.000
- Slimmer body, approx. Leica M7 size
- Additional ISO dial
- Viewfinder with bigger field of view, 0.73 magnification more convenient to use
- Visoflex 020 as optional EVF (2.4 MP)
- 5 fps continuous shooting
- 30 DNGs / 100 JPEGs in sequence by 2 GB buffer size
- Programmable ‘Favorites’ menu
- WiFi functionality
The Leica M240 was planned a all-round camera also suited for video and studio photography. By now Leica Camera has great cameras which cover these fields, thus the goal for the Leica M10 was to create the perfect rangefinder experience.
Thus the decision is well comprehensible that Leica dropped the video capabilities, Leica S, SL, T and Q are good alternatives.